Friday, November 11, 2011

The Bonding Moment From Two Different Cars...Christmas In A Cup...and Prayer

Yesterday I went to the mall with Britt Dickson after school to find some new skirts for church. With no luck AT ALL we left the mall and ventured on our way back home. As we came to the overpass we were stopped at a red light. The car started to roll back and Britt got scared we were going to hit the truck behind us so she stepped on the gas to make us go a little more forward, and went too fast and almost hit the one in front us but didn't! ;) Good job Britty:)) Anywho, Britt looks in the review mirror and sees the guy in the truck behind us. She looks at me and says "The guy behind us is talking on his cellphone and looks REALLY happy!" I look back to see the guy she is talking about, and lo and behold he knods his head acknowledging that he saw me watching him. I turn back around and say "Britt. He just saw me. How awkward." Britt looks back in her rearview mirror, and says "He's laughing now, and talking about us." At least I made someone laugh. ;) We totally bonded as strangers and got a little closer from two seperate cars. Red lights do that ya know.

Earlier That Same Day...
On the way to school I really wanted a hot cocoa. So, I brought up the idea of going to Starbucks and getting some. It was exactly 7:06. We get to Starbucks and go inside (the line for drive thru was horrendous.) We order (at exactly 7:17:04) and I get my hot cocoa, Taylor Marshall Carmel Apple Spice (this is where the Christmas in a cup comes in), and we're off. We venture back to school, Britt and Taylor constantly checking the time, and saying little prayers that they won't be late to class. I dismiss the whole prayer thing because it didn't seem important to me at the time. We get to school at 7:25 and have five minutes to get from the parking lot, to the door, to our lockers, and then off to class....

Later That Day...
Taylor: "I wasn't late to class. I prayed"
Britt: "Neither was I. So did I."
Me: "I was 5 minutes late. Should have prayed."
Gosh darnit! :)

Gotta love Christmas, malls, bonding moments, prayer, and friends:) I know I do! <3

No comments:

Post a Comment