Thursday, November 3, 2011

Pretty vs. Smart

Does being pretty get you into college? Mmmm...probably not the way you want it to. Does being pretty get you a good job? Probably not the job you want. My aunt always made sure we knew the real important thing. That being smart is WAY MORE important than being pretty. I remember one time sitting in the back of her (very cramped and small) white car on the way to my grandma's house in Port Angeles like we do every year for the fair and she asked us in the most awkward of silences (it was always like her to make sure that EVERY moment was filled with something) "what is the more important than being pretty?" and my sister Natasha stared at her and said "i dunno", she looked at Kat and all Kat had to say was "eyes on the road" we all laughed. She looked at me (and me being the one I am) had no idea. She'd yell-as loud as possible-BEING SMART!!!! Now trust me, we all want to be pretty yea? Well, the real beauty in a person is their self-confidence, and their love of themselves. Forget being pretty on the outside. It's like the quote "You may be pretty on the outside, but what is inside your heart, and the way you treat people is what really defines pretty."
P- Personal Love
R- Respect of oneself and others
E- Extra-ordinary in everything you do and say
T- True: Not just honest, but true. (See 13th Article of Faith)
T- Trustworthy: of yourself, and by others
Y- YOU! You make pretty.
There you go. The truth plays before you.

-Samantha


I do.

No comments:

Post a Comment